Niantic is starting the new year strong with lots of new content in Pokemon GO. Trainers are busy completing the Unova Collection Challenge, as well as encountering some new five-star raid bosses. For the next seven days, Genesect is available with a unique moveset known as Burn Drive. Here’s everything you need to know about the Steel and Bug-type Pokemon’s return, including some counters, weaknesses, and moveset information.
Genesect is available in raids from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 AM Local Time to Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 10:00 AM Local Time.
Best counters for Genesect (January 2021)
Even though Genesect is not the most challenging raid boss, you may still want to know some counters. Genesect (Burn Drive) is vulnerable to Fire-type Pokemon. Here are the top ten counters for Burn Drive Genesect at the moment:
- Mega Charizard X and Y with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Shadow Moltres with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Shadow Ente with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Flamethrower
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Chandelure with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Darmanitan with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Flamethrower
- Moltres with Fire Spin and Overheat
The minimum amount of trainers to defeat Genesect Burn Drive is two, but that will prove to take a while and be a bit challenging. You’ll also need some high-level counters if you go that route. For more casual players, we’d recommend three or four trainers to be safe.
Considering Genesect is a Bug and Steel-type Pokemon, you’ll want to look out for Rainy and Snowy weather conditions. For optimal battling conditions, you’ll want some Clear or Sunny conditions to boost your Fire-type counters.
Unfortunately, there is no Shiny variant of Burn Drive Genesect, so you’ll probably just be looking to get the highest CP. That’s all the information you need to take out Genesect Burn Drive within the next seven days. Good luck!