Stray is one of the newest and most anticipated releases for 2022, and it’s finally here! Cat lovers and cyberpunk lovers alike will fall in this with this unbearably cute game. In this adorably unique game, players must take on the role of a small cat, trying to get back to its owners. The cat inexplicably finds itself walking the roads of a mysterious, forgotten city full of dangerous creatures, ancient mysteries, and robots! If you want a new game that will constantly keep you on your toes, Stray is the game for you.
Stray has a total of 25 achievements/trophies on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and a total of 24 achievements/trophies on Steam. One of these achievements, available on both Steam and PlayStation consoles, is the Boom Chat Kalaka achievement. The Boom Chat Kalaka achievement in Stray can be completed by dunking a basketball; getting this achievement sounds simple, but it’s actually much more complicated than it sounds. This is a comprehensive guide on how to get the Boom Chat Kalaka achievement in Stray!
How to get the Boom Chat Kalaka Achievement/Trophy
This game is largely puzzle-based, so there are many items that can be interacted with in your environment. One item that can be interacted with is the basketball that can be found in the Slums; this basketball is essential for completing this achievement. If you’ve ever wanted to see a cat dunk a basketball, you’ve chosen the right achievement to work towards! To get this achievement in Stray, follow these steps:
- Open Stray on your computer or PlayStation console.
- Once in the game, travel to the Slums.
- The Slums can thankfully be accessed early in the game, It’s one of the first areas that become available to you while progressing in Stray.
- Locate the Market in the Slums. There should be some steps nearby, with a basketball sitting at the top. There should also be a ramp with a trashcan sitting beneath it, below the basketball.
- Approach the basketball and carefully roll it down the ramp into the trashcan.
- The ball doesn’t automatically reset if you miss, which means you’ll either have to reload or push the ball all the way back up the steps if you don’t get it on the first try.
- If you manage to successfully roll the basketball into the trashcan, congratulations! You should now have the Boom Chat Kalaka achievement in Stray!
Related: Review: Stray is a Meowing Good Time
Achievements may seem hard to get at first in Stray, but many of them are actually simpler than you’d expect. Obviously, however, it can be frustrating if you don’t get the process right on the first try. Getting any achievements in Stray is worth it though, so don’t give up! Be sure to check out Gamer Journalist’s dozens of other guides for Stray!