Four years ago, Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 came out for PC. The game later came to consoles in the following years. Since then, we’ve seen two expansions introducing new features like governors, volcanoes, and climate change. Now, the developers are looking to continue support for their flagship 4X title.
Starting later this month on May 21, Civilization 6 developer Firaxis Games will be releasing a new DLC bimonthly until March 2021. The New Frontier Pass offers 8 brand new civilizations, nine new leaders, six new game modes, and a ton of new content.
Civilization 6 New Frontier Pass
Here’s a breakdown of all six DLC packs:
- May 2020 – Maya & Gran Colombia Pack: Two new civilizations and leaders. One new game mode, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available on May 21.
- June 2020 – Ethiopia Pack: One new civilization and leader, a new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings.
- September 2020 – Pack #3: Adds two new civilizations and leaders. One new game mode, a new map, and a new World Wonder.
- November 2020 – Pack #4 – Adds a new civilization and leader. One new game mode, new City-States, and numerous new Great People.
- January 2021 – Pack #5 – Adds a new civilization and two new leaders. One new game mode, a new District, and two new buildings.
- March 2021 – Pack #6 – One new civilization and leader, a new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map.
After the release of their two expansions ‘Rise and Fall’ and ‘Gathering Storm’, Civilization 6 has grown into the flagship title of the series. Over four years of updates and balance changes have evolved the game into what it is today. With a new Season Pass, players can continue to enjoy a steady stream of new Civ 6 content.
The New Frontier Pass for Civilization 6 costs $39.99 for PC, Linux, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.