In Shin Megami Tensei 5, the protagonist is what’s known as a Nahobino, a sort of fledgling god created from the longevity and strength of a demon and the knowledge of a human. When it comes to gods, the first thing you think of are probably miracles, incredible feats that defy logic. However, even the gods can’t perform miracles for free, and neither can a Nahobino. Here’s a Shin Megami Tensei 5 Miracles guide.
Shin Megami Tensei 5 Miracles Guide
Miracles are special abilities unlocked in the Apotheosis menu of the World of Shadows, which you can visit from Leyline Founts. Learning Miracles enhances your protagonist’s capabilities in a variety ways, from their direct skill potentials to how they manage and interact with demons. Before you can start learning Miracles and shaping up into a proper god, you need to do two things: destroy Abscesses and get yourself some Glory.
Abscesses are conduits through which demons can absorb energy and become stronger. You can tell when an Abscess is near from the thick miasma they cast over your map. You’ll know them when you see them; they look like giant PokéBalls with fleshy ribbons sticking out of them. When you attack an Abscess, you’ll get into a fight with the demon hiding within, and successfully defeating that demon will destroy the Abscess and unlock a new set of Miracles for you at the World of Shadows.
How to Get Glory in Shin Megami Tensei 5
Once you’ve unlocked some Miracles, you’ll need a special currency to learn them: the Glory of God, or just “Glory” for short. Glory is stored in Amalgams, big white floating apples found all over the overworld, usually in obtuse, out-of-the-way spots. Consuming an Amalgam will grant you a scaling amount of Glory based on how far in the game you are. Additionally, certain quests and encounters will reward you with Glory Crystal items found in your inventory. These come in two sizes: Small Glory Crystals that grant 10 Glory, and Large Glory Crystals that grant 100 Glory. Finally, locating one of Gustave’s servants, the Miman, will grant you a token amount of Glory, again based on how far in the game you are.
Best Miracles in Shin Megami Tensei 5
So you’ve got your Glory and smashed some Abscesses, it’s time to learn some Miracles. There are a lot of Miracles in Shin Megami Tensei 5, too many to list out and describe individually, so instead, here are a few choice selections you definitely want to pick up.
- Knowledge of Tools: Allows your demon companions to use items in battle
- Demon/Divine Proficiency: Increases your demons and your protagonist’s skill slots by 1, respectively
- Divine Amalgamation: Lets you use demon essences to change your protagonist’s elemental affinities with Apotheosis
- Deathly Aura I, II, and III: May trigger helpful abilities when enemies are close to death. I may have them beg for their lives and retreat, II lets you extort them for Macca, and III lets you request essences
- Warrior’s Conception: Fused demons receive EXP bonuses based on the stats of the demons used to make them
- Divine Garrison: Increases the number of demons you can have in your party